Ritz-Carlton Hotel - Santiago, Chile.
July 23 - 27, 2012. During the International Conference on Advanced Public Transportation Systems - CASPT12
Who is participating:
• Operation and planning managers from affiliated SIBRT agencies.
• Leaders of bus operator companies (invited).
• Urban public transport industry suppliers (invited).
• Well known academic experts.
What are the goals:
• To work together towards High Quality Urban Public Transportation for All
• To exchange experiences, concepts and possible solutions to achieve high standards in service quality and user satisfaction for Integrated Transport Systems and BRT.
• To establish the basis for research on indicators and tools that will lead to best practice guidelines and plans for their implementation.
• To develop substantial improvement strategies to be applied in Latin American urban public transport systems.
• The event is going to focus on three central topics:
• Each topic will have presentations by experts, agencies and operators with valuable experiences.
• Will be accomplished through group dynamics.
• The group will formulate conclusions based on work discussion which will be incorporated into the terms of reference for research on indicators and instruments for best practices guides and plans for the implementation.
• Mechanisms for technical cooperation between agencies, operators, suppliers, experts and academic researchers to deepen the process of benchmarking that SIBRT has been performing will be consolidated.
• Latin American Association of Integrated Transport Systems and BRT - SIBRT (www.sibrtonline.org)
• Transantiago (www.transantiago.cl)
• Center of Excellence Across Latitudes and Cultures - BRT CoE ALC (www.brt.cl)
• EMBARQ Network (www.embarq.org)
• The Latin American Association of Integrated Transport Systems and BRT - SIBRT (www.sibrtonline.org) brings together the most influential agencies of Integrated Transport Systems (ITS) and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in Latin America.
• Currently consists of 19 cities in eight countries, which account for more than 95 million inhabitants. Its associates currently offer services to more than 20 million users per day, over 700 km of exclusive lines and more than 30,000 vehicles.
• SIBRT is committed to the integration of all modes of transport, to achieve a High Quality Urban Public Transportation for All. The Association promotes proactively the adoption of Integrated Transport Systems and BRT as the most safe, efficient and sustainable urban transport.
• SIBRT works with a benchmarking methodology and technical and organizational capacity building, encouraging the exchange of knowledge and the development of studies of "best practices" for substantial improvement in the planning, management, standardization and operation of urban public transport.
• Curitiba is the headquarters of the Association which is chaired by URBS.
• The EMBARQ Network, the Center for Sustainable Transport of the World Resources Institute (WRI), who conceived and leveraged the creation of the Association, acts as its General Secretariat.
More information and preliminary program: http://www.sibrtonline.org/en/calendario-de-eventos/29
Fagner Glinski – SIBRT Communications Coordinator - email@example.com
2011 © SIBRT - All Rights Reserved